♥ 1 Chuck Roast
♥ 1 Jar of Sliced Peperoncini (I use Mezzetta found at Walmart, it’s also certified gluten free! You could also use whole peperoncini but sliced is more convenient.)
♥ *Gluten-Free Brown Gravy Mix (I use Pioneer Brand’s specialty gluten free mix, it is certified gluten free, and I find it in the Gluten Free section at my local Walmart. [“Gluten-Free used three times in one sentence, and they said it couldn’t be done… haha]) *You are not preparing the mix according to the instructions of the packet. In other words you will just be pouring the mix itself onto the roast, not preparing the gravy and putting the gravy inside.
♥ 4-5 Tablespoons of Grass-Fed Butter cut into single tablespoon blocks (I use salted Kerrygold)
You can use an Instant Pot on the Slow Cook setting (which is what I do) or you can use a traditional Crock-Pot as well.
- Set Instant Pot to Slow Cook setting on Low Setting
- Place Roast inside Instant Pot. (Do not need to sear the roast beforehand, as tempting as it might be)
- Pour half the brine (juice inside the peperoncini bottle) onto the roast. (There should be enough to settle on the bottom of the pan)
- Place 10-12 pieces of sliced peperoncini on the top of the roast and on the bottom of pan. You can add more or less depending upon your preference.
- Take your small blocks of butter and spread them out on top of the roast. Depending on the surface area of your roast, you may run out of room on top to put all your butter, in this case place remaining butter on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle half the brown gravy mix on top of the roast and sides of the roast onto the bottom of the pan.
- Place the Slow Cooker glass lid on Instant Pot and cook 8 hours on low.
- Shred roast and enjoy with pan sauce served on top of roast.